Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

and I'm back..

It feels like ages since I've blogged. I think I'll just hit some highlights and then add some pics.
Got my Jeep back Monday - we weren't able to get it before we left for vacation. It is nice to have wheels again. How did women in the 50's survive? No job opportunities and stuck at home with no car - no wonder everything was clean and homemade!
Vacation was nice - I'm done with Vegas and I think so is Aaron. Its just not for us. We had some great times though. Hightlights (the rest isn't really worth mentioning) Lake Mead dinner cruise - a tourist thing but wonderful food, wine, and sunset! (wait did I say tourist thing...what isn't in Vegas?) The hike kayak trip was challenging but rewarding. Our first massage - awesome! how have I lived so long without one? We just got a relaxing one hour head to toe - no deep tissue or anything. and dinner at the Stratosphere - oh my the food and view!
My parents loved having Emily for the week. She now eats a bowl of cereal twice a day - I think my mom would have her on steak if she had teeth! and oh my all the hair bows!! The car trips were not too bad - Emily slept some and one of us usaully sat in the back with her so she didn't get too upset. Long days in the car though. Hopefully the next trip will be in the Jeep - which she seems to enjoy more - who knows why? anyway....
Allie is almost out of meds - so she will be going back for her test soon. Monday is her birthday - we've had her 3 years and she's 4 years old. She wants a dog for her birthday (Tom and Kristi have two and she seems bored to be back home now) - but I don't think we are going to give in. Three cats and Allie besides Emily and Aaron is enough for me!
So that's about it around here. Having to replace some flowers after the trip. I had the girl down the street check on the cats but didn't say anything about watering and wouldn't ya know it - no rain all week. So maybe tonight...
Also have to pick up the camper out of storage. I went to drop the check off yesterday and noticed they have moved it to the back and are kinda packing stuff around it- thought maybe I should let them know that I planned on taking it out occassionally. Anyway going to bring it home - make sure its clean and ready to go and hopefully we will go somewhere, anywhere, soon!
OK that's it - now I'm going to try and upload some pictures for your viewing pleasure...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?